The Cartoon Art Museum
draws events of all kinds!
After 14 years at 655 Mission Street, the Cartoon Art Museum will close its doors on Saturday, September 12, 2015 to prepare for a move to a new location. Our gallery space will not be available after September 12th.
Many thanks to the hundreds of clients that have had their private personal or corporate events in our space! We hope to bring you a new and exciting space soon.
Rent the Museum for your next event. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s arts & entertainment district, the museum’s contemporary architecture and 3,400 square feet of gallery space can accommodate small or large groups up to 225 for meetings, seminars, lectures, seated dinners, banquets, cocktail receptions, weddings, and parties. Featuring a moveable major wall, the gallery rooms can be staged in varied configurations. With state-of-the-art technology and adjustable lighting, your event can take any shape you imagine. The museum’s stylish, modern design and always entertaining exhibits provide the perfect background for your creative event ideas.
- 3,400 square feet of modular gallery space
- 42” flat-panel video monitor
- Video projector (for an additional charge)
- Microphone and speaker
- Tables and chairs available (limited supply)
- Wheelchair accessible
Convenient to downtown San Francisco, freeway access, public parking and public transportation, the Cartoon Art Museum is located in the Yerba Buena neighborhood near Moscone Convention Center, and just around the corner from SFMOMA, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Renting supports the museum!
In its 25-plus years, the Museum has produced over 100 exhibitions and 20 publications focusing on the myriad of cartoon art. The Cartoon Art Museum’s key function is to preserve, document, and exhibition this unique and accessible art form. Through timely and compelling exhibits, youth educational programs, traveling exhibitions, artist-in-residence/lecture series programs and community outreach activities, the museum showcases cartoons art’s ability to communicate cultural diversity and the importance of self expression. Your use of the gallery space supports our important arts programs. Because the museum is a nonprofit organization, a portion of your event rental fee is tax-deductible.
- “Thanks again for your efforts; and thanks to the Cartoon Art Museum for making our holiday party a smash. We really did have fun – people loved walking around and checking out the exhibit. Big Al was very good – he did everyone’s portraits as planned and they were really quite fun.” - Mac (Quorum Consulting)
- “I’ve heard back from everyone now and the powers that be most important had a great time. They loved the venue, the caterers and Dale. Thanks so much for all your help in pulling this off.” - Renee (Clarion Associates)
- “Thanks again for last Wednesday; I think our crowd had a blast. Will stop in soon and say hello, but in the meantime please thank the rest of the staff that night!” – Nish (Yelp)
- “Thanks for everything – the event went really well (TJ was awesome!!). I really appreciate all of your efforts to put together the perfect event for us.” - Laura (NASFT, Fancy Foods Show)
- “It was a wonderful event, and everyone there was quite taken with the museum. Several who live in the area (including a cousin who is an event planner) are anxious to return. Thanks for being so helpful – we really appreciate your guidance.” - Barbara (Private Wedding event)
415-227-8666 Ext. 313
Cartoon Art Museum
655 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105